Terms and Conditions
A Booking is a binding contract between client and property owner. So that you understand the basis of the holiday contract, the following conditions on which your booking is made have been laid out as clearly as possible. Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
The property owner and his/her representatives are referred to hereafter as “the management”
for the property. The management will only accept certain conditions of cleanliness and fittings and it is for this reason that the management and owner will regularly inspect the property, to try to fulfil and surpass Tourist Board requirements in order to offer value for money.
Your Holiday booking
1. The person booking, entering the contract and using the holiday apartment must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age when booking the holiday and accepts the responsibility for those in their party using and occupying the property during the holiday let. As soon as the booking form and Reservation deposit of £100 (One Hundred Pounds) are received a guaranteed reservation will be made, subject to availability, and confirmation of the booking and an invoice will be sent to you.
The management have the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of the written holiday booking confirmation The contract is entered when this written holiday confirmation is issued, the booking is made and accepted as a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted by the management for any business losses however suffered or incurred by you or your party or other persons. No sub-letting is permitted without the written permission of the management NOTE.
It normally takes 2 working days to process your booking and prepare your confirmation. When your holiday confirmation is received, the details must be checked carefully. If anything is not correct you should tell our management immediately or at the latest within one week of delivery of confirmation receipt.
2. Remainder of Rent and a Returnable Surety Deposit of £100 (£70 if stay is less than a week) must be paid in cleared funds 6 (six) weeks prior to arrival unless alternative arrangements have been made and agreed with the management. This Deposit is held against all damages, losses or other charges due. The deposit is returned subject to the terms on which it is held.
3. When you book for your accommodation or when you pay the amount due, you should pay by Credit Card or by cheque drawn on a United Kingdom Bank and these should be sent together with the booking or invoice form. Cheques should be made payable in Pounds Sterling to Moira Bowman and Crossed A/C Payee. Note We regret that the management cannot accept cheques drawn on an overseas Bank.
4. Unless a reservation has been confirmed in writing our management reserves the right to vary rates without notice.
Cancellation or changes to your holiday by the management
5. The management would not expect to have to make any changes to your holiday arrangements, but sometimes problems may occur, which are beyond the control of the management and the management may have to make changes. If this does happen the management will contact you, the client, as soon as reasonably practicable, to inform you of the changes or cancellation.
The management will endeavour to provide alternative accommodation to you but cannot guarantee that such alternative accommodation will be provided or will be in the same location as the holiday apartment on offer. If such accommodation cannot be obtained or is not suitable for the you, then all monies paid by you shall be returned. The management shall not accept responsibility or liability for any loss, expense, inconvenience, damage, accident, injury or otherwise resulting from such unavailability or unsuitability and you, the client or any other persons shall have no claim against the management.
If the changes or alternative accommodation offered are acceptable to you then the management must be notified within 48 hours of you being informed of the changes / alternative accommodation, in order that the management can confirm / book the alternative accommodation. (The management reserve the right to charge you the difference in price, if the alternative accommodation of similar type and standard and in a similar location is advertised at a higher price than the original holiday accommodation).
6. The management is entitled to refuse to hand over to you, or to repossess, the accommodation if they reasonably believe that any damage is likely to be caused by you or your party, or if any damage has been caused to the property or surrounding properties or if the neighbouring residents, their visitors or guests have been subjected by you or your party to any anti-social behaviour.
7. The numbers of persons permitted to occupy the apartment is 4 (Four) persons and accommodation will only be made available for those persons specified on the booking form. You cannot allow more people than the agreed number listed / shown on your booking form to stay in the property, if you do so the management have the right to refuse to hand over the property to you or to repossess the property. Any such actions under Section 6 or 7 will be deemed to be a cancellation by you
and as such the conditions of the cancellation charges will apply.
8. You must allow the management, or such persons as required to carry out work therein access to the property at any reasonable time, during the holiday let.
Cancellation by You
9. If you have to cancel your holiday you should write to Moira Bowman, 65 Durham Square, Edinburgh EH15 1PP, Scotland. The day the management receive your written notification of cancellation, is the date on which your holiday arrangements are cancelled
10. In the event of a cancellation, the management will always try to ensure a full refund is made, provided 42 clear days notice have been given. Where less than 42 days notice are given rent will only be returned after charges are deducted as shown in the table below. For the purpose of this able, holiday costs means the total costs of the holiday but excluding any deposit set against damage or losses.
Table of Deduction charges
Number of clear days before start of holiday that notification of cancellation is received.
More than 42 days Full monies paid including any Deposit paid.
29 days to 42 days 50% of holiday cost
15 days to 29 days 75% of holiday cost
2 days to 14 days 90% of holiday cost
0 Days to 1 day Total cost of holiday.
It is recommended that you, our clients obtain their own Holiday Cancellation Protection Insurance. NOTE. In Order to ensure that such cancellations are received by the management, the management would recommend that a written notification is sent by recorded delivery.
11. If any payment in relation to the holiday is not paid by the appropriate date, the management will treat this as a cancellation of the holiday by you, and charge any cancellation charges as applicable to the above table.
Changes to Bookings
12. The management will try to accommodate any changes to your confirmed booking but these changes may incur a nominal £10 administration charge. Changes of confirmed dates may not be possible during peak or busy periods but the management will endeavour to help you if possible. No sub-letting is permitted without the written permission of the management.
Your Holiday Accommodation
For the Health and safety of our clients and future clients, No Pets are allowed in or on the premises and clients and guests are requested not to smoke inside the building.
13. The apartment, during the specified peak period dates, is usually available from 1600hours (4p.m. GMT) on the start date of the holiday booking and should be vacated by 1000 hours (10a.m GMT) on the last date of the holiday booking. If guests fail to vacate before 1000 hours (10a.m GMT) our management reserve the right to levy a charge. Out with Peak periods other arrival
days can be arranged to meet short break holiday requirements
14. Our management must be informed of expected arrival time. Due to the time it takes to service the apartment it is not always possible to accept check-ins prior to 1600hours (4p.m. GMT). Guests requiring early entry are advised to book the apartment for the night before arrival.
15. Our representative will meet you on your arrival and hand over the appropriate keys for the premises. Arrangements will be made with you regarding the return of the keys.
16. The inventory and general condition of the property should be checked on arrival. Any discrepancy should be notified to us within 12 hours of your arrival. The client agrees to keep the property and all the fitments, furniture, equipment and other contents in or on the property in the like state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday let and will make good any damages, breakages or losses that may occur during the period of the holiday. The property and all fitments, furniture, utensils and equipment etc, must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the conclusion of the period of holiday let. Any charges incurred in relation to the above shall be deductible from your account deposit.
17. Settlement of deposit accounts will be made within 7 (seven) days of departure or by prior agreed arrangement with the management.
18. All terms and conditions apply to any agreed extensions made on the initial booking form.
19. The management shall give all information and make all statements in good faith and shall use its best endeavours to check, so far as it is reasonably able all information given and the management cannot accept any liability for any act or omission in such statements, given in such good faith. Should you wish to use the holiday accommodation to meet a specific event then you should for the foregoing reasons obtain confirmation of that specified event.
20. You and your guests are advised to ensure that they have adequate insurance cover for all their belongings and valuables as the management cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal property, howsoever caused.
21. If you are disappointed with your accommodation you should contact the management, who will try to sort out any problems.
22. The holiday contract is subject to Scottish Law having been entered into in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
The literature and the contents are published in Edinburgh and are as far as we are aware correct at the time of publishing. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these conditions.